Atal Innovation mission (AIM)
Atal Innovation mission (AIM) is government of India’s flagship initiative to create and promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship across the lenth and breadth of our country. Atal Innovation mission (AIM)’s objective is to broaden new programmes and regulations for fostering innovation in special sectors of the financial system, provide structures and collaboration opportunities for unique stakeholders, and create an umbrella structure to oversee the innovation & entrepreneurship atmosphere of the country.
Objectives of the Atal Innovation Mission(AIM)
- The point of interest is on innovation, and hence the policies and plans might be advanced around that idea for the numerous sectors.
- Provide a platform for and establishes collaboration possibilities for numerous stakeholders.
- To behave as an umbrella structure, encompassing and overseeing the whole innovation ecosystem of the Country.
Major Initiatives by Atal Innovation Mission(AIM)
- Atal Tinkaring Labs – At school level
- 10000+ colleges selected for organising ATLs out of which 5400+ ATLs completely Operational as of date allowing over 2.5+ Million college students between Grade VI-Grade XII to advanced emerging tinkering DIY technology and developing a hassle fixing and progressive attitude
- 5000+ ATL teachers trained with corporate companions
- ATL Tinkering challenges at college level, ATL Tinkering fests at regional stage and ATL Tinkering Marathons at country wide degree promoting problem fixing and innovation in all ATL students across the country.
- ATL pupil Innovator software and student internship and ATL pupil Entrepreneur program conducted
- Nearby Mentor Meets accross the country –fb live periods with Prof Tarun Khanna, super Mentor
- National ATL Tinkering Marathons – top 10 District wise, top 100 at countrywide stage winners popularity
2. Atal Incubators – at universities, institution, industry level
To promote advent of a assisting environment for start- entrepreneurs aim has been establishing international elegance incubators known as Atal Incubation Centres (AICs) in universities. Institutions, company, etc that could foster world class revolutionary start-and emerge as scalable and sustainable organizations. So far goal has decided on 102 universities / institutions / non-public players to set up global elegance Incubators every of with a purpose to foster advent and nurturing of 50 international magnificence Startups every 4 years. Close to 70 of them are already completely operational and the remaining may be operationalised throughout this year. Purpose has till date has supported 1500+ operational Startups, 500+ girls led startups creating new jobs across the country.
3. Atal Comunity Innovation Centers – To promote the advantages of technology led innovation to the unserved/underserved areas of India consisting of Tier 2, Tier 3 cities, aspirational districts, tribal, hilly and coastal areas, purpose is putting in place Atal network Innovation Centres with a completely unique partnership driven version wherein goal might furnish as much as Rs 2.5 crores to an ACIC difficulty to a accomplice proving equal or greater matching investment. Over 25 ACICS are currently being established across the country and 50+ ACICs could be mounted for the duration of the following two years.
4. implemented research and Innovation for Small Enterprises(ARISE) – to stimulate MSME industry innovation – To promote innovation in a phased manner in the MSME/start-up zone aim has launched 15 get up (applied studies and Innovation for Small enterprises) challenges together with 5 partnering Ministries which include Indian satellite studies enterprise, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Housing and concrete Affairs, Ministry of meals Processing Industries and Ministry of fitness. This can permit splendid early level applied studies improvements to be transformed to possible innovative prototypes accompanied with the aid of product improvement and commercial deployment.
Over the last 5 years India has jumped over 33 locations from rank 81 to rank 48 within the global Innovation Index rankings index. Atal Innovation project initiatives are key to similarly promoting the way of life of innovation and giving expression to the innovative and entrepreneurial ideas of startups to enable development of one of the maximum revolutionary international locations of the world.
Role of the ISRO in Atal New India Challange
- ISRO is the main leading organization to promote improvements and entrepreneurship across the country.
- ISRO has notably supported MSMEs and has also set up R&D labs across India to promote innovation and research in space technological know-how and technology.
- ISRO is planning to adopt one hundred Atal Tinkering Labs, three each in each states and UTs.
How many Tinkering Labs in India?
NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation mission (aim) has decided on three,000 extra colleges for the establishment of Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs), bringing the total number of ATL colleges to 5,441. The selected colleges shall receive a furnish of Rs 20 lakh spread over the next five years (from 2018) to establish Atal Tinkering Labs for nurturing innovation and entrepreneurial spirit among secondary school youngsters across India. ATLs will soon be installed in each district of India,seeking to permit an innovation ecosystem, in order to facilitate transformational change in technological innovation and pedagogy.