Top 10 amazing facts of the earth

Top 10 amazing facts of the earth

Earth is the third planet from the sun and only astronomical object known to harbor and support life.

About 29.2% of Earth’s surface is land consisting of continents and islands. The remaining 70.8% is covered with water, mostly by Ocean, Seas, Gulfs and other salt water bodies.

According to radiometric dating estimation and other evidence, Earth formed 4.5 billion years ago.

The major heat producing isotopes within earth are Potassium-40, Urenium-238 and Thorium-232.

The total surface are of the earth is about 510 million km2 (197 million sq mi). Of this, 70.8% or 361.13 million km2 (139.43 million sq mi), is below sea level and covered by ocean water.

Earth orbits the Sun at an average distance about 150 million km (93 million mi) every 365.2564 mean solar days or 1 sidereal year.

The moon is relatively large, terrestrial planet like natural satellite, with a diameter about one quarter about Eart’s.

Earth is the only planet in the solar system with plate tectonics.

If you could separate the earth into piles of material, You will get 32.1% Iron, 30.1% Oxygen, 15.1% silicon and 13.9% magnesium.

Earth’s atmosphere is thickest within the first 50Km from the surface or so, but it actually reaches out to about 10,000 km into space.

Leave a Reply